Saturday, August 19, 2006

Carter: Sympathy For The Devil



I am ashamed to say that Jimmy Carter was the last Democrat I voted for. I was 19 and still a liberal Democrat still seething from the Nixon cover-up. Shortly thereafter I became "Born Again." Ironically a state of faith at the time that Carter proclaimed for himself. I became very disillusioned with Democrats by Carter's continuous wavering back and forth from political position to position like a dandelion seed in the wind. Of course one of my first crises of faith came when the "Born Again" Carter did an interview with Playboy Mag. Clearly Carter's moral imperative was not equal to the group of Christians he identified himself with.

Carter's comments to Der Spiegel criticizing Christian morality and the faith of President Bush demonstrates the old boy has gotten worse with age, NOT better.

Hat tip to
David Limbaugh.

No comments: