Wednesday, February 21, 2007

THESE COLORS DON'T RUN!


 

As you read this open letter from Marine Mom Deborah Johns, think of psycho Cindy Sheehan, ACLU, CAIR, Cut-n-Run Democrats, Leftie Blogs, and Leftie Mainstream Media (MSM) et al.

Mrs. Johns is upset at the Left’s concept of winning war. I am with Mrs. Johns finding the lack of support for those putting their lives in hand so Lefties can spout defeatist rhetoric is crazy-nuts.

JRH
*****************************

Move America Forward

Posted by Melanie Morgan
Written by Deborah Johns
Wednesday, February 21, 2007


The following message is from Marine Mom, Deborah Johns. Her son, SGT William Johns of the U.S. Marines, is currently serving his 3rd tour of duty in Iraq.

I am sick and tired. Sick and tired of how some in this country are turning their backs on our troops at a time when they need our support the most!

This is why I am taking action to speak up, and in particular, why I am helping to lead the “THESE COLORS DON’T RUN” national pro-troop/patriotic caravan being organized by Move America Forward.
This is my letter to you, the American people.

Semper Fidelis: These are not just mere words, they have a meaning greater than their literal definition in a dictionary. They mean “Always Faithful.”

Not only is this the motto of the United States Marines, but also of their families, and it has spilled over into the hearts and souls of all those who serve in every branch of our military and their families as well.

Always Faithful to God. Always Faithful to your brother (or sister) who serves along side you. Always Faithful to your Country… Always Faithful to your Family… Always Faithful to your Commander in Chief.

People ask me every day, “how do you get through the days with a son serving in Iraq?” Well, the answer is an obvious one. Always Faithful to God, Always Faithful to the heroic men and women of the U.S. military who serve along side my son. Always Faithful to the Commander in Chief, Always Faithful to my Country.

However, it does not seem that our political leaders and media representatives have remained Always Faithful.

I have traveled across this country and I have listened to the American people. I have heard the support that is expressed for our military and I know that the American people do support the war on terror. They just want communication. They just want to know what the goals and objectives are.

I understand that the American people wanted change in leadership in the House of Representatives and the U.S. Senate. I understand the American people want things to go better in Iraq so our troops can come home. However, none of this can be accomplished because of the partisan politics that are taking place, which is ultimately hurting our military. You can’t imagine how much it sickens me to see our troops used as little more than pawns in a chess game where some politicians care more about putting our President in “checkmate” than they do in winning the war our sons and daughters are bravely fighting.

I am tired of those defeat & retreat politicians who say they are patriotic, and then insult the Commander in Chief at a time when we have boots on the ground in war zones. I am tired of the politicians who want us to wave the white flag of surrender, but who then tell me how much they “support our troops.” As a military mom I can tell you ...

READ THE REST HERE

No comments: