Thursday, June 15, 2006

Tri-Lateral North American Union

I just recently finished reading a post about this on a typically liberal website called "Breaking All The Rules." This was kind of a fringe article that the author called Part 8 of his "Matrix" posting. So I was fascinated yet paid little attention. Then I read the WND bringing to light the same issue I had read at BATR.

Now I discovered that a Republican Congressman from Colorado (Tancredo) is investigating this alleged Union as a Bush agenda that did not consult Congress. On a Constitutional basis it is clear that Bush does not need to confer with Congress in engaging talks with foreign nations. That is an Executive Branch job description. However, the Executive Branch cannot enforce treaties over Congressional (i.e. Senatorial) approval. Also, The Executive Branch and the Legislative Branch (if there is an actual agreement related to American sovereignty) create a treaty that is extra-Constitutional. The Judiciary could actually cast down a treaty that it finds Unconstitutional.

As I have said at another blog, I am not certain I would be against an America/Canada union. We have a common heritage via Great Britain. The inclusion of Mexico is a different story.

For security reasons and a common culture I personally would be willing to be part of a Bi-lateral Union of America and Canada. A Tri-lateral Union including Mexico would be a huge mistake as long as mutual exchange of crime and government in the corruption that is latent there.

I suspect Liberals and Conservatives alike are contemplating burning me for Constitutional heresy, however I am slowly coming to the belief the polarized interpretation of the American Constitution is rendering the document ineffective and enabling evil on the moral majority (yep I said "moral majority" and I could have said "silent majority").

No comments: