Thursday, June 22, 2006

Bishop Schori does the Jesus Transgender Thing

Here is an update on homosexual validating Bishop Katharine Jefferts Schori. She closed the American Episcopalian Convention with a watered down compromise on homosexual ordination. She also has done the insane!

Roman Catholic "Crunchy Con" blog on the new Leader of the Episcopal Church USA. My fellow Christians wonder and weep as you read the insanity:
The transgender JesusIf PB Schori didn't exist, you'd have to invent her. Today, addressing her flock at the last day of the ECUSA General Convention, she said, "Our mother Jesus gives birth to a new creation. And you and I are His children." This. Is. Insane. This is absolute gibberish. But you know, there is a bright side here for Episcopalians. I hadn't thought of it until I reached by phone this evening a friend of mine who is serving as a delegate. He said that his delegation was finishing dinner, and laughing about the Presiding Bishop's gender dysphoria when it came to Our Lord. He really did sound cheerful. I couldn't imagine why, knowing my friend's convictions in these matters. But he indicated to me that there is freedom in the clarity that they now have. There is freedom in knowing that the ECUSA has no place for orthodox Christians. It means, I would think, that the game-playing and pretending that the orthodox party has anything meaningful in common with people who call Jesus Christ "our Mother" has come to an end.

Is this Denomination even Christian? It might be time to classify the Episcopalian Church USA with Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses or Scientologists or OH MY GOD! Who knows what?

2 comments:

Chris Wilson said...

Jehovah's Witnesses are faithful adherents to bible standards. No other Christian faith lives the Word of God like Witnesses do.

Remember Paul's words at Philippians 1:15-17

"True, some are preaching the Christ through envy and rivalry, but others also through goodwill. 16 The latter are publicizing the Christ out of love, for they know I am set here for the defense of the good news; 17 but the former do it out of contentiousness, not with a pure motive, for they are supposing to stir up tribulation . . ."

I haven't seen much good news in this blog.

SlantRight 2.0 said...

For Chris

This is mostly a venting blog. I read the news and I vent. I am a little more upbeat at The Way.

Jehovah's Witnesses do have the appearance of a devoted religion, however they have taken the KJV of the Bible and molded a translation to fit their doctrine. As far as Christians go, I am pretty open minded. The only bench mark for orthodoxy that I use is God is three persons in ONE God - Trinitarian. Also that Jesus is the Son of God, both fully God and fully man. Jesus was raised bodily from death and both sits at the right hand of the Father and in the hearts of those who Believe. Any thing beyond is man's opinion and nothing to get upset about.