Thursday, June 15, 2006

NY Times Dunghill Reporting

Here is a load of Crap published by the New York Times by a released Guantanamo Bay detainee:
I WAS released from the United States military's prison camp at Guantánamo Bay, Cuba, in July 2004. As I was about to board a plane that would take me home to France, the last detainee I saw was a young Yemeni. He was overwhelmed by emotion.

"In your country, Mourad, there are rights, human rights, and they mean something," he said. "In mine they mean nothing, and no one cares. So when you're free, don't forget what you've been through. Tell people that we are here."

I now know that this Yemeni was not among the three prisoners who committed suicide at Guantánamo last weekend, but since then his words have been echoing in my head. Although I'm now a free man, the shared pain endlessly takes me back to the camp.

In the early summer of 2001, when I was 19, I made the mistake of listening to my older brother and going to Afghanistan on what I thought was a dream vacation. His friends, he said, were going to look after me. They did — channeling me to what turned out to be a Qaeda training camp. For two months, I was there, trapped in the middle of the desert by fear and my own stupidity.

This was published June 14, 2006 in the Opinion Op-Ed Section of the New York Times. The thing is MOURAD BENCHELLALI is delivering load of Islamofascist crap. The Times is reporting Benchellali's version which is incredibly skewed to make Americans feel sorry for a tortured soul at Gitmo.

This is the REALITY side of the coin the Times fails to print courtesy of Kafir Nation:
(This week the New York Times published an article by Mourad Benchellali, who spent two years as a prisoner at Guantanamo Bay. He portrayed himself as a victim, saying this:

'When I was 19, I made the mistake of listening to my older brother and going to Afghanistan on what I thought was a dream vacation ... it turned out to be a Qaeda training camp.'

The New York Times allowed this man to paint himself as a victim of abuse, an object of sympathy. But here is what the Times did not tell you. Mourad Benchellali's brother was convicted today of terrorism charges and sentenced to ten years in a French prison. His father, a radical cleric, was also convicted of terror charges. His mother and half-brother are convicted terrorists.

But the New York Times wants us to believe that this guy simply made a bad vacation decision and wound up in Guantanamo Bay. What a bunch of bull! Most readers of the New York Times have no idea who Mourad Benchellali is - they just read his sorrowful words, and then run down to Starbucks in West Hollywood and tell their friends the military is torturing people. Enough is enough with this b.s. The New York Times should be ashamed of itself!" )

... spend some time in Guantanamo bay who denies any connection to terrorism despite his entire family being already in prison for one terror crime or another.

As Roger L. Simon says: "Incompetent Propagandists at the New York Times." Simon reports that "...Mr. Benchellali and his beloved family - the ones who invited him on his "dream vcation" - were sentenced yesterday in France". Simon also points out the Times did not bother to publize the facts relating to Benchellali's terrorist family.

This is like Rathergate! This like the MSM reporting on the so-called Haditha Massacre. It is mind boggling the extent that the New York Times is taking to undermine American efforts to fight and end Islamofascist terrorism on a global scale. It is nearly treasonous.

No comments: