Saturday, September 08, 2007

Cruising While Republican


Frankly I have never heard of Senator Larry Craig until the Mainstream Media (MSM) decided to take a huge interest in Craig’s guilty plea to a misdemeanor of a sex crime act in a public bathroom.

My first thought was, “Here is another Republican the MSM will enjoy skewering and humiliating.” My second thought was, “If Craig indeed is a homosexual yet condemned homosexuality and same sex laws; he should resign to get his life together to match his rhetoric.”

Then I read Ann Coulter’s article about all the hullabaloo and changed some of my thinking. Not all of my thinking, but some of my thinking.

I still think Craig should resign even if copping to a guilty plea was a legal mistake. Obviously there are some kind of hijinks going on in the personal life of Craig that reflects badly on moral issues most Conservatives support and do not support.

On the other hand the way the Slanted Left leaning MSM castigated Craig for hypocrisy is hypocrisy in itself. The Left is usually very supportive of homosexual rights and should have commended the old boy (according to their ideology) to formally pleading guilty to homosexual antics in a public bathroom. I mean if it was a Democrat of Left Wing bureaucrat the MSM would have hammered on the so-called civil right to be a homosexual.

Let’s
read Ann Coulter’s take:

No comments: