Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Oklahoman State Congressmen Return Gift Qurans


I grew up in the great Evergreen State of Washington. I still consider it home even though the Western majority of the State are a bunch of Moonbat Liberals. I am from Central Washington considered the Eastern side of Washington. The Cascade Mountain Range divides the State.

I know, you are thinking, “Who cares?”

I have resided off and on in the State of Oklahoma since my thirties. Typically I do not like Oklahoma: It is hot and humid, it has tornadoes, local government oft times gravitates to corruption, New York is the only State that has more toll roads than Oklahoma (and this is a rural State) and could go on if I thought hard enough.

The cool good thing about Oklahoma is that my wife is from here, there are awesome Bible believing Churches and Oklahoma has a decent Conservative streak.

Due to my lack of connectivity to Oklahoma I tend not to pay attention to the local news much. I wish I would have recently.

I found out from the
Debbie Schlussel blog that a GOP State Representative was the leader in returning Qurans that were distributed as gifts by a State panel on diversity. (I suspect the State’s Democratic Gubernatorial Administration had something to do with that – I didn’t vote for him.)

Rex Duncan is a Republican State Representative from Sand Springs, OK. Sand Springs is close to where I live. Duncan is the leader of a group of State Reps that sent the Qurans back.

Their reason for sending them back:

    In a letter to colleagues, state Representative Rex Duncan says "most Oklahomans do not endorse the idea of killing innocent women and children in the name of ideology." At least 17 other legislators have notified the Governor's Ethnic American Advisory Council that they too will return the gift.


Now this is a moment that made proud to live in Oklahoma!

Of course there were some Moonbats that denounced the Politically Incorrect Legislators saying the Politically Correct view that Mohammedanism is a religion and not an ideology.


Now I am certain there are the so-called moderate Mohammedans that are seekers of Allah more than the worldly precepts in the Mohammedan Quranic ideology which indeed teaches the things that Duncan and cohorts object to.

Kudos are deserved to the Conservatives in Oklahoma’s State Congress.




No comments: