Wednesday, June 27, 2007

How a Christian Right Republican should view Romney


I am not a Mormon. I believe Mormon beliefs are not Christian beliefs. I believe Mormon beliefs place Mormonism in the realm of a cult that is closer to Gnostic-Christianity rather legitimate Christianity.

Having said that: What about Mitt Romney?

I believe Romney is a good man with morals that many Christians in this day and age fail to live up to. I say that not knowing Romney; however I have known some Mormons (via work etc.) in my time. The Mormons I have known have a moral system that is conducive to the Christian Right.

I consider Mormonism to be a Christian heresy. I believe practicing Mormons to be engaged in a theology that even many of them do not comprehend. Sensitive questions are rarely answered with a straight answer but rather with a defensive deflection move the questioner off the point.

Knowing how I feel about Mormonism, would I vote for Mitt Romney for President?

During the primaries the answer would be NO. If Romney is the Republican nominee, the answer is a diminutive yes. A moral/Conservative Romney would be a better President than a so-called Progressive (oft times godless) Democrat that believes that Christian morality is an archaic belief system.
The Stiletto has some comments on Mitt and Mormonism. You really should read The Stiletto on Mormonism and Mitt’s candidacy.

No comments: