Tuesday, June 26, 2007

AFA VS Snopes.com Round 2


As many of you know Snopes.com has taken umbrage to an Action Alert from the AFA on June 14. The AFA alerted their readers and supporters that H.R. 1592 and S. 1105 are potential legislation that can be used as persecution toward Bible Believing Christian. The persecution would be labeling preaching and public expression of Biblical Christian Morality as hate speech.

Snopes.com proclaimed the AFA Alert was a gross stretch and down right false and thus in the realm of “Urban Legend.”

This was disturbing to me for I often use Snopes.com as a source to debunk scams and chain email. After careful consideration I decided to stick up for the American Family Association. This is when I posted “
AFA VS Snopes.com.” I used The Real Truth article about how the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals manipulated current laws to render a Leftist anti-Free Speech ruling for posting Christian material on work place bulletin boards is illegal (while the posting of homosexual information was perfectly condoned) as an example.

I am extremely delighted the AFA have has chosen an official rebuttal to Snopes.com which I will post as well. I also must point out that I still believe that Snopes.com is the debunker of Urban Legends on the Internet. I do not know the official politics of Snopes.com but going after the AFA Action Alert was more secular humanistic cultural spin than an exposé of a falsehood.

I am going to point you to another blog I use for the official AFA response to Snopes.com. I would place it here but my tech guy (my son) is a little slow in allowing unlimited html at SlantRight. If I have too much html the web spirits will not allow me to post. That is the case there is a lot of html links to back up the AFA response to Snopes.com.

I am
The Plebian and the entire rebuttal is posted there: You can read now if you so wish.



No comments: