Saturday, September 19, 2009

Father of Neoconservatism Moves On


I’ve considered myself more of Neoconservative than a traditional Conservative (or Paleoconservative) for sometime. Neoconservatism has been vilified often by Left and by some Conservatives especially since the latter days of the Bush Administration. I am probably no more an unconditional Neocon than I am an unconditional Conservative. Yet I am enough of a Neocon that I am pleased with the movement and number myself a Neoconservative.

A post of the thoughts of Joshua Muravchik at SlantRight.com is an excellent snapshot of Neoconservatism.

I have not posted on Neoconservatism for some time. I have tended to gravitate toward an anti-jihadist and anti-Islamist poster these days. There is a good reason I bring up today.

The person often cited as the Father of Neoconservatism passed away yesterday on September 18, 2009. That person is Irving Kristol.

The Blog POLITICS 24/7 has written an excellent eulogy about Irving Kristol, the Father of Neoconservatism.

JRH 9/19/09

No comments: