Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Rabushka on the Flat Tax


I am a huge proponent of a flat tax. Part of the reason tax reform toward a flat tax in America is because bureaucratic civil servants may have the jobs affect and those that depend on 501 3c non-profit tax deductible donations might be against the Flat Tax. I am certain there are other reasons as well; however tax accounting is not my forte.

Every once in a while I come across a Flat Tax plan. When that happens I like to post it to see if I can elicit a discussion from those of you that know. It has not happened yet.

Here is a link to
Econ Talk which has a pod cast or mp3 download to listen to. It is a little over an hour. Listen to it as you have time and tell me what you think of Alvin Rabushka of Stanford University on the Flat Tax: “Rabushka on the Flat Tax.”

This is cross posted to
SlantRight.com which also has a written summary of the audio.

A hat tip is owed to
Café Hayek.

No comments: