Sunday, December 02, 2007

More on Mike Huckabee


I still think that Fred Thompson possesses the best skills to be a Conservative and a viably electable candidate to beat which ever fringe Democrat wins their nomination.

With that minute preamble let us discuss Mike Huckabee of whom I am not convinced is electable against a Hillary Clinton.

The thing I like about Huckabee is he is a man of Faith; therefore he is a man that would support Christian Right Conservative social causes which are so dear to my heart.

Two critical issues have come across my view screen concerning Huckabee’s viable electability.

Apparently Huckabee had some
ethics issues while Governor of Arkansas. That is not a good image for an ordained Baptist Minister turned politician. I have to read an explanation from a pro-Huckabee apologist on this issue.

The second issue is taxes. Evidently Huckabee was the tax hike king during his tenure as Governor of Arkansas. On this issue I have found a very credible explanation that support the tax hikes during his tenure as Governor.

Most of the taxes were hugely beneficial in Arkansas and were bi-partisan in nature.
By the time Huckabee finished his “decade” long stint as Governor, Arkansas had an $844 million surplus as opposed to a $200 million “shortfall” when he began his Office as Governor.

This hugely satisfies my doubts on issue two.

JRH

No comments: