Friday, January 27, 2006

About Scientology

I ran into an interesting article about Scientology while I was waiting for my honey to come home from a late night prayer virgil with her aunt.

The article was acquired from an Illuminati Conspiracy website, but I actually found it on my Yahoo group - SlantedRightPolitics .

I had read some of L. Ron Hubbard as a teenager, mostly in the Sci/Fi realm. However, I learned from this article that Hubbard was a bit of a scoundrel. What does that say for some of the high profile Hollywood actors and actresses that are very active in Scientology?

It boggles my mind that someone has become so spiritually desparate to be even attracted to Scientology. I mean I can see what Scientology elites get out of the cult - power over others and eccentric pleasures. But what do the every day poor sap who has gotten sucked into this cult get? I understand that cult members are attempting to get "clear." What is the price to be "clear?" It seems to me that the lower echelons are nearly enslaved in service to do the bidding of the upper echelons. Anyway, if you are interested go to the SlantedRightPolitics link above to satisfy any curiousity you may have.

No comments: