Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Super Tuesday is Yesterday


Super Tuesday has come and gone. The waters are a little less muddy but they are still muddy.

For the Democrats Hillary asserted herself as a front runner however by no means eliminated Obama from nipping at her feet.

For the Republicans the once down for the count McCain has beat the ten-count to be ahead in points. Romney had a surprisingly disappointing showing and Huckabee had a surprisingly strong showing; however that combination seems to have cancelled each other out giving the old man McCain new vigor toward a nomination win.

In politics things can change but it appears Huck's strong show may embolden him to go all the way through the primary process even if it is a loosing effort in the hope that miracles will continue to boost him toward an unlikely nomination.

Romney was seriously hurt by Super Tuesday. He has the money to stay in the race; however at this point the businessman needs to calculate the profit and loss and decide on a strategy that could make him a king maker or part of the winning nominee's team in some influential manner. Of course as I have said, politics change. Any unforeseen occurrence could rearrange the fortunes of the Republicans top three candidates at any moment.

Which Republican do I support? I just cannot come up with a clear choice; however I do not suffer from a McCain Derangement Syndrome that might lead to a certain Democratic Party victory. A Dem victory although expected is not a shoe-in and is abhorrent to me.

I cannot vote for a Mormon to win the nomination because of my religious beliefs; however I will vote for a Mormon over a Democrat any day of the week especially in November 2008.

I like Huck’s self-proclaimed Social Conservatism and his stand of not being ashamed to be a Christian; however there are elements of taxation and immigration that bother me about Huck. Still I will vote Huckabee in November above any Democrat nominated. The Democrats are simply to fringe to the Left and although I know they think they are helping Americans by denigrating military confrontation with Islamofascists they are really emboldening the Islamofascists with greater confidence to continue acts of terrorism that could once again reach the land of Purple Mountain’s Majesty.

I’ll see at the Republican Convention who I will ultimately vote for in November. And may all Republicans set aside their differences and stand united behind whoever that winner is. The Democratic Party platform of “Change” is a change to the Left and that will not be good for America.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. You scare me. I think you're watching too much fox news. I suggest you broaden your global perspectives by diversifying what you read and watch.

Also, learning to read and write might help. Your spelling and grammar are horrible.

You are so wrong on so many points that I cannot even begin. It is up to you to seek the truth. I challenge you to do that.

SlantRight 2.0 said...

This particular "anonymous" has to be a Leftie.

Why would I broaden my horizons to media outlets that are brazenly liberal (of course liberals lie)? I will stick with Fox News and the Conservative Blogosphere.

As to reading and writing: sticks and stones person of little mind.

Mr. Anonymous says I am wrong on so many points, that anonymous cannot even begin. Then anonymous challenges me to seek the truth. The Truth of a Leftist is a utopian fantasy devoid of reality. To make a Lefty's Truth valid is a lesson in revisionism and forced learning of falsehoods.

So I will allow anonymous to do the work and make the vain attempt to demonstrate where I am wrong.