Saturday, February 04, 2006

Mohammedan Cartoon Hysteria

I have been engrossed in this Mohammedan hysteria over cartoons that portray their prophet in a negative way. The consensus I have been reading is that the more conservative bloggers kind of think poor babies in the Middle East. The consensus among liberal bloggers is actually more compassionate. The liberals seem to be ranging between free speech but wrong to be offensive to why in heaven's name should anyone offend someone's religion to the point of anger.

Of course I lean toward more the conservative view that Mohammedans are simply violent whiners and they should keep their culture in the Middle East and the Western Democracies not be hampered in Free Speech simply because a religion foreign to the West is offended.

There are a few a good places to go that have been tracking this situation.

The most intellectual blog I have found that has attempted to view this philosophically is Protein Wisdom Blog. There are some very good thoughts there.

Another place dear to my heart is SlantRight.com. SlantRight.com is my baby and the favorite of my blogs. The I just provided goes to a string of articles that begins with Michelle Malkin, then roams with quite a few links and thoughts from other blogs on this hysteria depicting Mohammad in cartoons.

[* I actually posted this originally at my Know Thyself blog. My other blogs tend to be more politically oriented, however this is quite the blogosphere phenomena.]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know the Muslims have No problem
Degradeing other religion's. I'm in a bit of Hysteria over the People who when to Iraq to help rebuild , Who end up geting Beheaded. What does the Prophet Mohammedan say about that?????

SlantRight 2.0 said...

Well I was going to post later but might be a short answer.

Mohammed, to my knowledge was beheading/murdering all that disagreed with him. If you joined him and totally submitted to him, Mohammed only then was tolerant. Toleration and democracy is not much of a concept in the Middle East.