Saturday, September 09, 2006

Islam and the Media


You know I am a Christian. I have to tell you I have been leaning toward the stand of that the Fox News guys that were abducted and force to convert to Mohammedanism or die would have plenty of time to recant.

A Yahoo Blogger that I visit (Jewel C) made a very profound case that Christians should stand for Christ. Jewell moved me to the point of yes and no. Yes in that Christians should stand for Christ and not forsake the Lord publicly. Death would be the option in this case.

No in the sense that if duress is involved and an obvious moment of safety would present itself to recant, then Mercy and Grace out weighs a forced conversion.

Now I have read Mark Steyn's essay. I now understand that choosing conversion over death demonstrates a weakness of character and culture. Steyn points out it validates to radical Mohammedans the West is weak and ripe for Mohammedanism to overtake the West's cultural malaise.

No comments: